Saturday 14 December 2013

Impressionistic photography: how I stopped worrying and learned to love blur

I was showing my photography to another traveller the other day and his response amused me:

"Its all blurry" he said.

"Yes" I said.

"If you used the window ledge you could hold the camera steady" he suggested.

"Why would I want to do that?" was my response.



The truth is many travellers I meet have a similar response, why on earth would I want to take a blurry image when I could take a crisp, sharp one? The simple truth is that I rather like blur, I like its dreaminess, its trippiness, its ability to convey speed, beauty and the mercurial nature of the world.

To be rather snobby on the issue, let other photographers keep their crisp, clean reality. I want to create a dreamy other world for people to explore.






No comments:

Post a Comment