Monday 13 January 2014

Nha Trang

After the beauty of Hoi An, Nha Trang came as something of a disappointment. Crowded, busy and very much a holiday destination aimed at Russian tourists it felt quite tacky and suffered in comparison to some of the other cities I had visited. However it had a few nice sights, a relatively nice beach and had a reputation as a party town that it certainly lived up to.

I spent the day renting bicycles with two friends and together we toured some beautiful Cham temples that had been lovingly restored and reappropriated for use as a chinese temple. Afterwards we cycled around the busy city, cutting through traffic and making our way to the city's impressive catholic cathedral (complete with back lit and street signed jesus and glowing lcd marys).

That night I headed out for a night on the town, it quickly descended from a relatively civilised affair to a full of night of dancing and drinking. I managed to make it till 3am, at which point I rather ungracefully retired to the privacy my room. The next morning, deeply hungover I caught the bus onwards to the alpine like reaches of Dalat.




No comments:

Post a Comment