Monday 24 February 2014

Kampot

I had been recovering nicely from a stomach bug (or so I thought) when I left Koh Rong. Unfortunately for me it turned out the bug wasn't finished with me and it struck just as I arrived the beautiful town of Kampot.

This lovely river side town was unfortunately where I spent much of my time groaning inside my hotel room. An end was in sight for my bug however and on my last few days I managed to rent a bicycle to take around town.

The place was beautiful, filled as it was with picturesque stilted houses, indoor markets filled with metal workers, a lovely stretch of river and beautiful french building that were slowing edging their way into slightly decay.

The ride I took into the back village of thatched houses, red dust roads and friendly locals was definitely the highlight of my time there.






No comments:

Post a Comment