Friday 11 April 2014

One perfect moment with God

"When I walk on the path, when I enter the house of Love I see you. You are the King in every town. I see You in the sun, the moon and the stars, I see Your altar in every plant, in every leaf" - Rumi

Now I don't have what you would call a typically view of  God or divinity. I'm not Christain, Buddhist or Jewish, but I do have a strong appreciation for what I see as a divine source that I feel acts upon our world.

And one of the times where I do truly see or feel such a force is when I'm taking photographs, you see for me beauty is God and God is beauty. Now when I say that, I'm not talking about beauty in a shallow way (like say that person is beautiful or those clothes look really good). I'm talking about the types of moments when I see clouds drifting across an endlessly blue sky, or sunlight dapples through leaves or the small moments of human kindness that you might see in everyday life.

And its those moments that I love trying to capture on film, not to try and nail down God into a photo but to try and share those precious moments when one is alone with something truly, truly beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment