Friday 2 May 2014

Newport by night

Its no secret for me to say that out of all the places I'd rather not be Newport would rank pretty highly amongst them. In fact I can't help but feel a good old nuclear bomb might in fact raise the property value here significantly.

Having said that even I have to admit that it is surrounded by some pretty lovey countryside and the town's grimness conjures up some lovely images of urban decay. It was the reason that as the light was fading I took to the streets with my camera to see what I could find.

I took pictures of car head lights glittering in the reflection of nearby street lamp, phone booths that held swirling patterns of brilliant white paint and metal grates turned to hypnotic colour by neon lights.

A stormy sky turned the town's bridge into a strange alien artifact and the lamps that covered the town turned ever tree to gold and orange in the fading light.


In short with a little work art does actually turn all that glitter into gold...even when whats glittering is Newport.






No comments:

Post a Comment