Friday 12 December 2014

In cars

"Here in my car,
Where the image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars" - Gary Newman, Cars

Colour, form and motion, an irresistible combination for me and one perfectly expressed by cars in motion.

By tracking cars in motion on a low shutter speed I was able to convey a sense of their speed as they zoomed past and the amount of contrast I could get from one picture to the next in terms of colour was really exciting.

Finally by capturing pictures before and after the rain swept in and the streets became glistening rivers I was able to capture the trails of the moon across the sky. Or the gleam of a road turned to molten gold by the flickering street lamps.

I have to say that from all of this I found there is only one way to live when taking pictures of the night and its in cars.




No comments:

Post a Comment