Sunday 18 January 2015

Cardiff: A day at the museum

 Cardiff museum is located right in the heart of the city centre and is rightly considered one of the top tourist attractions for the city. Home as it is to a stunning array of status, stuffed animals. fossils, jewel like bug collections and actual gems and precious stones it really is a great place to spend the day getting lost.

I spent the day getting better acquainted with the history of wales' landmasses. Enjoying displays of the Earth's various prehistoric creatures, marvelling at the deep sea displays, squeezing through informative cave displays and ooooed and arrhed over a large section of stunningly displayed crystal and stuffed animals. As I wandered through the collection I could really appreciated the care and effort that had been put into creating this beautiful display.

After enjoying the natural history section of the museum I headed back out to explore its art collection. However as I did so I was drawn to a crowd of people gathered in the main entrance. To my delight I discovered a group of performers in renaissance inspired dress. With their voices they created an unearthly and spell binding song that reverberated its way deep into the heart of the building.

After they were finished I drifted up the stairs and through hallways covered in pre raphaelite art. It was the afternoon by the time I left and as stepped into the evening sun I was very glad to have spend a day at the museum.














No comments:

Post a Comment