Monday 25 May 2015

And the sky wept colour

I had been getting a bit bored with the photography I had been doing and had really started getting the urge to push myself. We all get there as artists, feeling stuck in a rut and wanted to push ourselves artistically but not really being sure how to do that.

A walk down to the sea near where I live really helped with that. What started off as an exploration of the rubble strewn beach slowly an inevitably became a study of a sky that began to weep with colour.

The fact that the area was fairly industrial certainly as the street lamps and electrical pylons that ran over head criss crossed the sky, accentuating the strange and vivid shapes that the clouds formed overhead.

I stayed until the sun went down, until finally all the colour had been wept from the sky and the stars finally emerged. And I left happy and truly inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment