Saturday 11 July 2015

The silhouettes of summer

Now and again I like to push myself to explore new styles and ways of taking pictures. I do like a more abstract style but there are times when it find myself getting bored of the same subject again and again. It was in this mood that I set out to the park.

I remember when I was younger playing a video game on the library computers, it was a simple click around the room game but one of the bits in it had me entranced. There was a painting in one of the rooms showing a barefooted lady outside silhouetted against the sky at dusk. When you clicked the image classical music played and she began to run as behind her the seasons changed from autumn to winter to spring. For something so simple it was utterly enchanting.

It was a sequence that stayed with me and actually inspired me to create this series of images. I wanted to recreate that feeling of wonder, of magic to the world. I wanted to paint vivid silhouettes against a vibrate sky. And is often is the case with my photography I wanted to create something utterly lovely and moving. A chance to create the silhouettes of summer forever running against a painted sky.





No comments:

Post a Comment