Saturday 3 October 2015

Through the looking glass

One of the challenges of running a blog on my photography is trying to come up with new subject matters and styles to keep things interesting.

It can feel exhausting fighting a continual creative battle, however when you find a new technique or style there is nothing like the feeling that comes with it. That's why when the inspiration struck to try taking pictures through glass I leapt on it.

The idea was simply enough and I was inspired to try it when I was looking through the glass panels of our front door to the world outside. Immediately everything became distorted and riveted by the glass. Appearing to run as if a painting was left out in the rain.


A lot of my photography revolves around the themes of creating a distorted, abstract or painted world and these photos perfected fitted into those themes and ideas. By doing this I was hoping to take my audience through the looking glass and into a whole new and painted world.




No comments:

Post a Comment